A:
     200.61.2.100
     200.61.2.101

B:
     202.10.210.1
     202.10.210.2

if I just list them all in the /etc/resolv.conf is enough to let browser can access websites in A and B?

nameserver     200.61.2.100
nameserver     200.61.2.101
nameserver     202.10.210.1
nameserver     202.10.210.2

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Milan P. Stanic [mailto:mps@rns-nis.co.yu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 7:52 PM
To: linux-net@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: DNS for multi-interfaces host

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 03:21:33PM +0800, Yuan Huailin-w19410 wrote:
> in the file /etc/resolv.conf, we can assign IP address of DNS server
> with nameserver keyword.

Well, it is there for many years.

> When the DNS query UDP packet is sent, kernel can know which
> interface this packet will go to.

Kernel's knowledge where to send packet comes from routing table.

> So, DNS setting for every interface has its meaning.

No, it doesn't in the context of your question.

> I don't know how did the Windows system implement it,

It is simple and like in other operating systems. If the interface is
up, system will send packet over it but will first look routing table.
If the interface is down it "will not" send packet over it, obviously.

> Where the DNS server information is stored?

In registry, I presume ;-)

Milan
-
-