Re: Kernel Network driver + IP stack + RAW socket

> On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 09:39, Dharmender Rai wrote:
> > use libpcap library (freely downloadable from
> > www.insecure.org/nmap
> :), My question is related to the kernel, not userland libs,apps. I just
> want to know where in the kernel the decision is make to send back an
> outgoing packet to userland. In which part the kernel says humm let see
> I have this outgoing packet I gonna give it to the device driver but
> before, I have these sockets that want to receive this buffer as well,
> let's clone/copy (I don't know) the socket.

Well, tcpdump uses libpcap.  pcap accesses a registered network tap that sends packets to userland and libnet does the opposite.  Any way, I think it's strange that you're not seeing the packets, try this simple module, compile it and see what you get in your log files.

Regards,
Mazhar