Preventing loopback broadcasts

Hi,
I'm writing a program to forward udp broadcasts.
For protocols such as NNBS and Browser protocol, I need to have multiple
subnets appear as one broadcast subnet - for these udp ports.
For this to happen,  broadcasts received on certain udp ports are
broadcast forward on the other interfaces.
Unfortunately for me, these broadcasts are received back at me, on the
interfaces on which they were sent out,
reulting in a loop.
To block these broadcast loopbacks, I tried using the setsockopt
command, with the IP_MULTICAST_LOOP set to zero (hoping that, since
broadcasts are specific cases of broadcast, this would work) but to no
avail.
Does anyone have any ideas as to how this can be done?
Help, please!
Thanks
Ilona

-