ADSL & Kernel Oops

Hi there,
    I'm not sure where I should be posting this, here or linux-kernel.
Please let me know if I should repost somewhere else.
    I get a kernel oops when I use my PCI ADSL modem.
    The modem comes with it's own Kernel module, itex1483-2.4.16.o.
    I can insert it without error into Kernel 2.4.15 (If I try with
kernel-2.4.16, it complains that it was built for 2.4.15-greased-turkey)
    I access the ADSL modem as if it's an ethernet card (as per
instructions), which makes it eth1 (since I have a real ethernet card at
eth0)
    Once I get the interface up, if I try to use it (eth1) for a ping
(or any net access) it will usually work the first time (I get a working
interface), but on following attemps, I get a kernel oops.  If I keep
this up, I eventually get a kernel panic.  But here's the strange thing,
if I leave tcpdump -i eth1 running, I don't get any oops. But eventually
(after a few hours) everything locks up, presumably due to a kernel
panic.

    I followed as much as I could the oops tracing instructions and I
have a copy of the oops and the subsequent output from ksymoops.

    Could someone let me know if I'm posting to the right place and I'll
include the mentioned opps and ksymoops text files.

Cheers,
   Dan Milne

-