Question regarding multi-homed host

(Sorry if this question is too easy for kernel people :)

I have a host running as a web server. It has two ethernet interfaces,
each having a valid public IP address. These two IP addresses are NOT on
the same subnet, but I believe they are connected to the same router
from my ISP (ARP reveals that eth0's gateway and eth1's gateway have the
same MAC address). I want people to be able to access my site through
both IP addresses. My question is how to setup the routing table. If the
routing table says "use eth0's gateway as default gateway", eth1 becomes
"unaccessible" to people. Here is my speculation of what happened: a
client tries to establish a tcp connection to eth1's ip, my host
receives the request, and sends out a packet indicating ACK(or
whatsoever), but this packet has the source address of eth0's ip, and
when client gets this packet, client is confused, and tcp connection was
never successfully established. What should I do?

And a related question, is it possible to setup the routing policy as
this: "packets coming in from eth0 should be 'responded' back via eth0;
packets coming in from eth1 should be 'responded' back via eth1"

I'm running a linux 2.4.18 kernel with full support for ip route2 and
iptables.
Greately appreciate any suggestion/clue/correcton!
-nick

-