From: linux-net-owner@vger.kernel.org
[mailto:linux-net-owner@vger.kernel.org]On Behalf Of Vasu
Sent: Sunday, 5 May 2002 9:36 AM
To: Will Lowe
Cc: 'linux-net'
Subject: Re: strtol function

ok, thanks a lot :)

One more query.. can't I directly call sys_bind from a module ? Do I have
to write some new bind function, if I want to bind some socket to  some
Internet address ?

Regards,
Vasu.

On Sun, 5 May 2002, Will Lowe wrote:

\|Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 07:57:15 +0530
\|From: Will Lowe <harpo@thebackrow.net>
\|To: Vasu <vasu@ee.iitb.ac.in>
\|Cc: Avniwb <avniwb@future.futsoft.com>,
\|     'linux-net' <linux-net@vger.kernel.org>
\|
\|> I was making a module, in which I need to call the function strtol,
which
\|> is defined in stdlib.h, now I want to compile my module with the kernel
\|
\|>From http://kernelnewbies.org/documents/kdoc/kernel-api/libc.html:
\|
\|"When writing drivers, you cannot in general use routines which are
\|from the C Library. Some of the functions have been found generally
\|useful and they are listed below.'
\|
\|Looks like you need to use simple_strtol() instead.
\|
\|

Life is a game of Chess, every step and move has to be planned well     |
in advance, a piece lost takes long to recover.. etc etc        	|
But, there is a difference that game of life NEVER ends in a DRAW.	|

This message is proprietary to Future Software Limited (FSL)
and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it
is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information
and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for
what it is intended.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message.
FSL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from
the use of the information transmitted by this email including
damage from virus.