token bucket filter for shaping ppp link

hi to all,
for my thesis i need to shape a ppp link as a UMTS link. That is i need  to
configure the link so that i can control the packets that can be sent.
Specifically i need to shape the line so that, at most, is going to pass one
packet every 10msec. Is there any possibility also to choose, once the
connection is up, how big the packets can be? Even, if they are too small,
is there a possibility to put some stuffing bits to have the packets of the
dimension i need?
I tried using the tc with tbf...but i don't understand very well what it has
to be done for my needs. Is the mpu option useful?
Thank you,
boba