Bind doubt

Hi,

I have a very specific doubt with bind system call. Let us take a
scenario where a pc which has two ethernet cards attached to a hub and
whichi in turn connected to a router. All within the same subnet (
assume ). Lets take the PC ethernet interfaces ip as 10.0.0.1 &
10.0.0.2. Now  the routing table of the pc will contain  one default
gateway ( the routers interface ip address ) and one default
interface.

Assume the other interface link to the hub is down. Suppose the other
interface( which is not default ) wants to send a IP packet with
destiniation IP address is in such a way that it has to be sent out of
the router. I am binding a socket to the interface and trying to send
data ( but the link to the hub from this interface is down ). What
will happen in this case. WIll it send the packet through the default
interface or it will generate error during bind ( but i haven't seen
any errno for this case in bind man page.. hope it will not generate
error ). Now how do i assure that the packet has to go through a
specific interface even when route is available from the pc through
some other interface. Kindly somebody explain me clearly. I dont have
another interface right now to test with.

Thanks,
Ramesh

-