Re: Dead loop on virtual device

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 10:44:28PM +0300, kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

> But it is unlikely to be related to original problem. Alas. Still no ideas.

I have routed 2000::/3 thru an other tunnel for several hours
and didn't get any such message at all, a minute after I switched
back I already had them again.  So, it seem to be related to that
tunnel.

I don't see anything else weird that I don't get at an other
time.  The only thing that shows up each time is that icmp.  If
those icmp aren't in the dump, I didn't get any of the message
either.  (Sometimes I takes hours between those messages.)

I really think it are those icmps.

> What's about bogus "neigh sols"... Who sends them?
> It may be just a neighbour reachability detection by another
> side (which is broken in current 2.4, unfortunately),
> but wrong hop limit forces to suspect that we can ignore them
> and patching is not required in your case.

It's from people who try to connect to me.  They are not near me
at all.  For some reason it gets all the way to me.  From what I
can tell, it all seem to be FreeBSD boxes who generate those
messages.  I'm not sure, but I think something is wrong with
their default route or something.  I think it's just trying to
figure out what the "next hop" is.

Kurt

-