Install a disk image

Folks,

We have need of installing a disk image via a network.  Currently, they are
using a CD and Ghost to install this (because the guys doing it are DOS/Win
people, and the end system is WinNT), but are having troubles because it
doesn't always clean up the FAT and can get mixed up (about one-in-ten fails
to boot when they are done).

I have this thought in my mind that if I had the NTFS filesystem image on a
Linux machine (either via CD or on a hard drive) that was networked, once I
have a rudimentary Linux system (booted from floppy) running on the target
system to share the drive partitions I could copy the NTFS system to the
drive partitions I wanted via the cpio command:
	find . -print -depth -mount | cpio ...
[I have the exact arguments at home, not here, but I've used it to copy a
complete bootable filesystem from one drive to another.]

Does anyone out there see a problem with this process?

Anyone have any recommendations for a simple boot distro that will recognize
a SCSI Raid system?

   In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

   Tom  :-})

| Thomas A. Condon        email: tcondon@kpt.nuwc.navy.mil |
| Computer Engineer       phone: (360) 315-7609            |
| Barbershop Bass Singer    Sailor and Singer of Chanties  |
| Left Handed and In My Right Mind                         |