>From what I've seen with POLLIN, signals are not repeated unnecessarily, so
I'd guess that you'd get POLLOUT right after socket creation (bind?) (maybe
not depending on timing of the rt signal setup calls) and then you won't see
it again unless you fill the TCP output buffer.

Perhaps if you're using non-blocking I/O, you'll never get POLLOUT?

-Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Sethman [mailto:androsyn@ratbox.org]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 7:20 AM
To: linux-net@vger.kernel.org
Subject: POLLOUT and sigio..

I am attempting to make a pre-existing server use SIGIO with posix rt
signals and I am having some difficulties with it.  Mainly with reception
of POLLOUT.  When exactly should this get sent?  Should it only get sent
when attempting to write() and getting EAGAIN, then the socket being ready
or?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aaron