RE: setting up ftpd/telnetd on my linux machine

How do I verify that it is listening on 21 and 23 ?
The wu-ftpd file in the /etc/xinetd.d directory says has the following :

service ftp
{
	server = /usr/sbin/in.wuftpd
}

Similarly the file telnet in /etc/xinetd.d directory has the following :

service telnet
{
	service = /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
}

And the /etc/services file has entries for ftp/telnet as follows :
ftp-data    20/tcp
ftp-data    20/udp
ftp         21/tcp
ftp         21/udp
telnet      23/tcp
telnet      23/udp

Do I need to get rid of those duplicate lines corresponding to UDP ?
I just tried removing lines corresponding to UDP and it worked !!!!

I am not sure why those entries corresponding to UDP are there in first
place
in my /etc/services file. That is how it was when I installed the system.

Anyway, Thanks a lot for all your help.

Regards,
Hiren Mehta