The 1GB broadcom chipset

The new 3com card 3c996-t looks as though it may have an issue and
before I write a defect or have someone look at the source code, I
wanted to post and see if anyone else has seen the problem.

We have the new 3com card install in a IBM Netfinity 7100 8-way machine.

When we perform a reboot or a 'shutdown -r now' the card will NOT come
back online.  We have it configured as eth1 and attempt to start it
manually after the reboot but are informed that the device does not
exist.  However, if we power cycle,shutdown -h now, the machine the card

comes back online and we can see it with ifconfig.

We have a number of other GB ethernet cards from other verndors and do
not see the problem in those.

Has anyone else seen this problem with this card?  Did you resolve it?

--
Paul Edgar
Verification Engineer

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

-