Re: Best program for blast mailings

On Mon Oct 22 2001 at 03:19:33PM -0500 'Lee Leahu' <lee@ricis.com> wrote:

> I have a client that does mass mailings to +50K email addresses.  They
> currently are running on IMAIL on Win NT, and would like to move to a Linux
> based solution.

If you don't mind spending the cash have a look at Communigate Pro from
Stalker Software [http://www.stalker.com]. We run a large free webmail
service on this platform and very few other products we had a look at
came anywhere close to CGP.

We actually replaced our own in-house product with CGP.

> Some important things they would like in this solution:
> 	- Ability to schedule jobs

It has an advanced scheduler.

> 	- Ease of management, perhaps through a web interface

Has a web and CLI management i/f. They also have a perl wrapper for the
CLI to enable you to create your own management/maintenance scripts.

> 	- Ability to access MySQL databases, or even MS SQL databaes (convenient,
> but not necessary)

To what end? For Authentication? If so, CGP allows you to use an external
program for authentication which is rather flexible. IT also has the
facility to store users in it's own LDAP server or a remote LDAP server.

Ciao

Charl

        The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the
        same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
				   -- Albert Einstein