Re: Spoofing MAC address in tcp transmission

There is no ioctl to set your MAC address.
TCP sessions maintenance will be a problem anyhow, if you spoof your
MAC address the arp-cache of the receiving host (or the router) will
be updated with an entry of your ip and the spoofed mac. When answering,
it will send the packet back to the spoofed MAC, so you have to sniff
the net, grab the answer and process it yourself.
I think what you want is libnet
(http://www.packetfactory.net/projects/libnet)
and libpcap (www.tcpdump.org).
What you could do is sending out your packet with the spoofed MAC and
right after it send an arp reply xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is at aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
to the MAC of the receiving host with your ip and the real MAC.

Greets,
Patrick

-