telnet doubt..

Hi

I want to do something like this using telnet. In my program, I will
connect a socket to the telnet server on another machine. I will send some
command(for example, "pwd") to the telnet server as it is, without adding
any telnet command codes(just the string "pwd"). Will telnet accept such
commands and respond to them? Or is this possible by doing some extensions
to this trivial program like - by negotiating some options with the
telnet server before sending the commands? The problem is, I don't want to
write the whole telnet client again :)

I know, this program looks very silly. But, I want to integrate the telnet
CLI with some other CLI I have on my machine. That is, instead of
having two programs(telnet client and my shell) providing two different
CLI, I want a single program which can provide both. Could anyone suggest
how I can do this using telnet(or some other way)?

thanks & regards
Madhavi.

-