HowTo: Set up a simple cable modem router?

Dear subscribers.

At home I have a cable modem internet connection and two computers, one of
them running SuSE 7.2. My problem is that my non-service minded internet
service provider's DHCP server doesn't allow each customer to allocate more
than one IP-address. Therefore I would like to set up an internet bridge
using the SuSE machine to allow the other computers to have access to the
internet simultaneously.

My SuSE installation is running kernel v. 2.4. I would like the SuSE machine
to host a DHCP server for the internal network. What I would like to have
help with is some information about how to set up a system as described
above, if there is any HowTo:s to read etc.

Kind regards, Ola Theander
-