Sending new packets from the ip-layer without socket

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the IP Virtual server to build an experimental Virtual
server for WAP Servers. It uses IP Masquerading and IP forwarding is
enabled. I want to know whether you can create any new packets at the IP
layer as we need to send back some data immediately to client. The
masquerade entry is created on receipt of a first packet from the
client. But instead of just forwarding the received packet to a selected
real server, i also need to send back some data immediately to the client.
How can this be done?
I tried skb_copy and then changed the dest ip and port which i now know
from the masquerading entry. But this does not work.
Could you let me know if there are any other methods and whether this is
possible at all in the light of ip-spoofing?

Thanks,
Arun

-