Re: Bizzaro Routing/Masqing performance issue

Um, while you can change speed, duplexing is possible at both
speeds.  Using a Catalyst switch, humor me and check your duplex
settings. Until you force everything to 100MB Half, you've not yet ruled
out duplex.

And duplex problems often manifest themselves as terribly poor performance
under stress, perfectly ok under light loads.  As an example, I've done
two NetWare migration projects where a workstation shuffles data between
an old and new server.  Migrating file system info was fine, but when the
workstation started the actual file copy job (which runs from
server-to-server, and is very fast), the job ground to a halt.  Changing
duplexing from full to half improved performance 20X plus, without
exaggeration.  Duplexing can degrade performance.  I won't go into more
detail, unless the list begs it.

Rick

-