Multihomed question

Hey gurus!

I'm experiencing problems with a bit weird configuarion here...

I've this scenario:

Internal net -------------------- Router --------------- WAN
10.1.1.0/24 ----- 10.1.1.1/24 & 192.168.20.20/24 --- WAN

I've this same scenario (different IP addresses, of course) for
50 locations (networks). We need to do something like this:

Internal net ------ Firewall ---- router --- WAN

Now, we want to implementa firewall between the router
and the internal net, using internal network IP's for
both interfaces at the firewall.

The problem is that we need to do this conf this way, since
we cannot afford so many changes to all locations for
setup a network between the router and the firewall. The
fireall will be an ipchains one (RedHat 7.1). So we don't
want to change any configuration to the router, and don't
want to change the default gateway to the internal hosts.

I know an easier way could be to create a network between
the firewall and the router, and then place there a few
static routes. But as you see, this is not an option for
us... :-(

Any comments/suggestions/doc's_to_read/prayers to pray ?

Thank you in advance. Best regards.

-