TEQL

Hello all,

I have been looking for some simple load-balancing (or
similar techniques) with Linux and found out some
information about TEQL (and equal cost multipathing
too but this is another story ;)).

However, TEQL examples are mostly with pointopoint
links and I'm using 2 ethernet cards connected to the
Internet as gateways. Any other info is REALLY hard to
dig out or simply non-existant (after looking in most
Linux search engines, Google, and Google's Deja
archive, you really begin to feel tired ;)).

My kernel is already configured, the teql0 device is
already up and I issued these commands successfully:

# tc qdisc add dev eth0 root teql0
# tc qdisc add dev eth1 root teql0

Now the IP addressing and routing is the tough part. I
have a cable link and a DSL one with obviously
different IP addresses. The IPs on the cards go fine:

# ip addr add dev eth0 1.1.1.1/30
# ip addr add dev eth1 2.2.2.2/30
# ip addr add dev teql0 10.1.1.1/32 (I'm using a dummy
IP in here)

But what about the routing? If it were a pointopoint
link, I could just throw a default route to teql0
like:

# ip route add default via 10.1.1.1 dev teql0

and it would spew the packets to the links and it
should work (as pointopoint devices don't have to ARP
the local network). But how to do it with ethernet
devices? ANY help will be greatly appreciated. If this
is the wrong list for this, please give me a pointer
to a better place.

Thanks in advance,

Gustavo Viscaino