Re: How do we interpret this ZDNET benchmark?

Lee Chin wrote:

> But why would they be measuring IIS and tweaking web servers like Apache if
> all they are doing is measuring connections acknowledged?  Thats an OS
> thing!

Beats me....

Here's part of the webbench documentation describing the requests/second test:

"Requests per seconds are a basic measure of the
 client/server interaction and give you a rough
 idea of how many hits per day a server can
 handle. Keep in mind, though, that WebBench's
 requests per seconds score is generally higher
 than the typical load serviced by most Web
 servers because WebBench uses stress tests to
 bombard the server with requests as fast as the
 clients can issue them."

Hmmm....  testing the server's ability to cope with a DOS attack?

> This is whacky

Could be it's the only thing IIS does really well.

-jdr-

-