Re: Questions ............. (fwd

Ignore my previous reply; it's incorrect. The problem is related,
though, in that your "module" is being linked to something else, but
actual modules are just ".o" files which aren't linked to anything.

Chandrashekhar S wrote:

> The toplevel makefile I am mentioning is the one which  contains all the
> .o files of the linux kernel.

I know what the kernel's top level Makefile is. And it isn't relevant
if you are trying to add your own module. What is relevant is the
Makefile for the directory in which the module resides.

It looks as if your code is being compiled for use as a module, but
then being statically linked to the kernel (via net/network.o). Have
you, by any chance, added the name of your object file to the "obj-y"
definition in one of the net/* Makefiles? AFAICT, you shouldn't have.

I suspect that the fact that you're including linux/modversions.h
explicitly is why it doesn't like being statically linked. Only two
source (".c") files in the 2.4.3 kernel source tree include this file
directly, and then only if MODVERSIONS is defined.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements@virgin.net>
-