Re: Sendmail keeps accepting blacklist recipients

I got the doc from a machine running sendmail-8.10.2.  What version do you
run and what does your access file look like?  Another thing is that the
feature blacklist_recipients may not be enabled in your sendmail file.
You can always check on that by looking at your /etc/mail/linux.mc to see
whether FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients') is commented out and if it is you
can uncomment it by removing the dnl at the beginning of the line.
When you finish that you should rebuild the sendmail.cf file using the
command:

 m4 linux.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf

to recreate the sendmail.cf file.   Then should see some info about
blacklist_reciepients in the sendmail.cf file.  The rest should be easy.
You can then enter something like;

username@ 	550 Mailbox Full

in the access file, make the database using makemap hash,
restart sendmail and try to send mail to that particular user.  In your
log file you should see something like this:

Apr  2 12:20:46 pop sendmail[13613]: f329KkQ13613:
from=<root@spice.eahd.or.ug>, size=401, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=[192.168.1.10]
Apr  2 12:20:46 pop sendmail[13613]: f329KkQ13613: ruleset=check_rcpt,
arg1=<begj@pop.eahd.or.ug>, relay=[192.168.1.10], reject=550 5.0.0
<begj@pop.eahd.or.ug>... Mailbox disabled

And in this case you can see that the mail is rejected immediately after
the banned reciepient is mentioned (which is quite noticable when you
telnet to the sendmail port and execute the commands ehlo, mail from,
rcpt to...) which I think is exactly what you wanted.

--
Regards,

                Uganda OnLine/East African Help Desk
                     Unix Systems Administrator