Re: IRC Masquerade

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Net Surfer wrote:

> Before i was using Kernel 2.2.16 and using for my masqed machines
> ip_masq_irc to get DCCs over irc, now i upgraded to Kernel 2.4.3 and
> that module it's unavailable, how can i get the same masq in this
> kernel?

You should be using iptables with 2.4.x rather than ipchains since
ipchains is provided only for backward-compatibility.

Although the standard kernel does not have IRC/DCC support in iptables,
you can download the netfilter package from <http://netfilter.samba.org/>
and apply the "patch-o-matic" that comes with the netfilter distribution.
One of the available patches will give you IRC/DCC support.  After you
apply the patch, you'll need to recompile your kernel and the netfilter
package.  -Nathan

--
| Nathan Lutchansky | lutchann@litech.org |  Lithium Technologies  |