Re: Urgent! Firewall and Proxy

pages from exactly which network do you want to stop from reaching the
localnet ?
If you want pages from the company network to stop reaching the localnet
simply put a proxy on the gateway of the localnet. this machine must not
cache or send requests for any pages on any server in the company
network. ie this proxy asks the company proxy for pages but if the page is
on a machine with company IP, it is not requested and you get an access
denied error. for this to occur this local proxy must do the DNS lookups
itself and not pass them to the upstream proxy.

Also the localnet must not be able to access the external proxy or other
web servers directly so block that on the gateway of the localnet. Only
the proxy on the localnet gateway/firewall should be able to connect to
the external proxy.

HTH,
Indraneel

--