Re: [wwwoffle]: works while online on ly after restart

You need to run
wwwoffle -online
to start fetching pages when online. How are you starting wwwoffle, by
/etc/ppp/ip-up.local ? You have to start wwwoffle (it will check if online
and will go to offline mode if there is no internet connection) and then
run wwwoffle -online when online. If online, wwwoffline when restarted
will automatically start fetching (which is what is happening). Please add
wwwoffle -online
to your /etc/ppp/ip-up.local
and
wwwoffle -offline
to your ip-down.local section.
HTH,
Indraneel

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Sangohn Christian wrote:

> my wwwoffle proxy server only fetches pages (of course in online mode) when I
> restart it (as mentioned while online) otherwise it does nothing but to give me
> the following error on the xconsole as well as on a self generated page:
>  wwwoffles[873]: Cannot open the HTTP connection to slashdot.org port
80; [Name Lookup Non-Authoritive Answer Host not found].

--
http://www.indialine.org

-