From: "Andi Kleen" <ak@suse.de>
To: "Jake Anawalt" <jacob@cachevalley.com>
Cc: "Linux tcp" <linux-net@vger.kernel.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: Equal Cost Multipath (more than one gateway)

> Try pressing return every 80 characters. It makes your mails more
readable.

> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 11:53:02AM -0700, Jake Anawalt wrote:
> > I am about to add a second gateway routing entry to a RH7.0 box,
that appears to have a 2.2.16 kernel with equal cost multi path and
advanced routing options compiled into it. The box does not have rip,
gated, or any other route checking program running on it. The two links
to the internet go out through different ethernet cards, hubs, then
gateway devices. The gateway devices as far as I am concerned are dumb
devices that dont know if they are working or not.

> > How will the 2.2 kernel's routing tables and the round robin affect
of equal cost multi path handle the possibility of either the gateway
device, or some other upstream link failing?

-