StarBasic macros

I know this is slightly off topic for the list, but it does have to do
with administering a StarOffice installation and getting users onto
Linux/StarOffice in a practical way, so bear with me...

I'm killing myself trying to get this b...dy Excel macro converted to
use in StarOffice so I can distribute the time sheet to Linux users
using StarOffice.

I've been trawling the net and Sun's site for any kind of documentation,
of course the only ones are QUE books that cost triple once you do the
exchange rate and ship them to Australia.  </rant>

The issue is with named ranges, and doing the changeover from one
fortnight (that's "two weeks" for the Americans in the audience) to the
next, where you want to increment the date field properly and carry over
your accumulated hours.  Here's how it's done in the VB macro in Excel:

    [CreditHours34] = [CarryoverCredit12]
    [DebitHours34] = [CarryoverDebit12]
    [Fortnight34] = [CarryoverDate12+1]	rem Fortnight34 is the start
date of the new fortnight.

All it's doing is assigning the value at the end of the previous
fortnight to the new start of the new fortnight, and I simply haven't
been able to work out yet how StarBasic does it.

The best I've been able to come up with so far is a half-a$$ed recorded
macro that copies, pastes, increments in a neighbouring field, copies
that, pastes into new field.  But it doesn't work 100% because there's
merged cells, etc.

Anyone with any experience in this at all, I would love to hear from
you.

--
Michael Earley
System Support Officer