Re: Urgent Windows2000 issue

Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> > > At the company (that I work for), we've got quite a mix of
> > > NT4 client, NT4 Server, Win2k and a number of Samba boxes (the
> > > larger ones;) We've got no problems with browsing or so, but
> > > we're using a NT4 server PDC (that you don't have, right?)
> >
> > This is correct - everything is Linux and Sun/Solaris.
>
> Then, you'll have to re-type the password whenever you connect
> to one of your boxes for the first time...

It's not just connecting to the server, it's every time you browse
another share on the same machine as well.

I can't accept that this is the case with W2K - do people actually put
up with this, or is the real issue that nobody on this list is using W2K
Pro workstations on a Linux-server-only network?  I mean, I knew the
uptake of W2K Pro was slow, but if nobody on this list has a Linux-only
server room and has implemented W2K workstations, then I would have to
be pretty surprised.

--
Michael Earley
System Support Officer