ICQ behind ipchains firewall

Hi.  I've got a network in my house, consisting of 5 computers plus
another one acting as a cheapo ipchains firewall.  The firewall box runs
Linux 2.2.17, Mandrake distribution 7.2.  Its kernel is custom-compiled.
The network looks like this:

( Internet )

 Cable "modem"

----------
|  eth1  | 24.28.9.x
|        |
|  eth0  | 192.168.1.19
----------

  -------------------------- - -
  |      |      |      |
-----  -----  -----  -----
|   |  |   |  |   |  |   | . . .
-----  -----  -----  -----

I've got NAT/masquerading from eth0 to eth1 on the firewall, and the HTTP
and SSH ports forwarded to my machine, which runs a RedHat-ish flavor of
Linux.

The question is, how do I allow ICQ?  (I'm using Everybuddy
<http://www.everybuddy.com/> as an ICQ client.)  I've got everything else
working.  Its server, icq.mirabilis.com port 4000, sends UDP packets to
the firewall, to the port from which the translated UDP packets apparently
originated.  There's no pre-written module for this protocol, as there is
for quake, ftp and others.

Has anybody done this?  Doesn't ICQ support communication over HTTP?

Other users can see and chat to me, but if I add myself as a 'Friend', I
appear (to me) to be perpetually 'Offline'.

--
-eben             eben@gate.net           http://home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar/

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.
  -Oscar Wilde

-