Re: Adaptec RAID Driver Status

the bastard child known as AAA-113 was orphaned at birth, neglected and
saddled with an evil reputation.  Once, it was only known to support
NetWare...  Recently, Adaptec has taken some responsibility and make the
131 series work with NT, 2K, and even ME (I think)... However, Adaptec does
NO Linux support...  Look to the Linux community for support...

Oh.  that's Us.

I've heard that it can, in fact, be confied for raid, but can't boot like
that.  Some users have booted off IDE and then mounted the raid, but the
thing is not well supported.  Give up now.

I like AMD, Mylex, and DPT raid controllers.  Go to the hardware list and
buy a simple one.  Most likely, the advanced features of in-place
re-striping, expansion, and  hot spare are not going to be in a
Linux  driver yet

Rick

-