From: Ralf G. R. Bergs [mailto:rabe@RWTH-Aachen.DE]
Sent: woensdag 29 november 2000 11:43
To: linux-net Mailing List; Serge Maandag
Subject: RE: Program to monitor line quality?

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:27:36 +0100, Serge Maandag wrote:

>You could use mrtg (http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/).
>Somewhere under the user pages there is a 'plugin' to monitor
pingtimes,
>line uptime, etc.
>
>I've used it and it works well.

Well, I'm already using it since more than a year, but it's not exactly
what
I want. With MRTG I don't see if the line drops out for just a few
minutes
or so. Even if it drops out for a longer period it's sometimes hard to
recognize.

What I want is "something" that clearly indicates "line disrupted," that

optionally notifies me immediately when this occurs, that also notifies
me
if excessive ping times occur, etc.

Is such a thing available?

Thanks,

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\

-