Re: Using pump-devel

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 12:46:50PM -0500, Marc Schneider wrote:
> I am working on a project which will require DHCP queries to obtain IP
> address from program control. I have found the pump-devel package which
> looks like it is designed for this purpose, however I can't find any
> documentation or examples of the pump-devel package in use.

> Any one know of an example of this package in use, or some documentation
> for the package?

	No, but you might want to look at either the dhcpcd package or
dhcpclient that comes with ISC dhcpd instead.  They are both better
documented, more mature, and more robust than pump.

	Seems like I have also seem some scripts and things in the
ip-route package for doing dhcp client stuff as well.  That would be
well worth a look.

> Thanks,
> Marc

	Mike