Re: Linksys EtherFast: LNE100TX version 4.1

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Ralph Gesler wrote:

> Problem:  I have two Linksys EtherFast 10/100 LAN Cards that are not
> supported by any version of the tulip driver that I have been able to
> find. The board and chip are both are physically identified as Linsys
> EtherFast 10/100 LAN Card, Model No. LNE100TX, VERSION 4.1. It appears
> that Linksys has changed the chip vendor between version 2, which I
> believe is supported, and the version 4.1 card.

As others have reported, these boards use chips from ADMtek.
They have been supported for over a year in the updated tulip driver.

The only outstanding issue with these chips in the v0.92 driver is that the
multicast filter table calculation is incorrect.
This is fixed in the upcoming v0.93 driver.

> I find from information obtained at scyld.com that the LNE100TX is
> supported with the chip vendor identified as Lite-On Communication Inc.
> and chip id c115. However as seen from the dump below the vendor and
> chip id have changed.
>
> 00:12.0 Ethernet controller: Bridgecom, Inc: Unknown device 0985 (rev

This is a bogus entry in the kernel's PCI device table.
The vendor ID is for ADMtek, not Bridgecom.
Once, long ago, someone reported a bogus name for the vendor ID and it
hasn't been fixed.

> testing such a patch?  From a brief look at the source, v0.92, I can see
> at least three additions to the code, in an enum, a struct and a table,
> that need to be made. However, I assume that other changes will be

There are more changes than just those...

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com
Annapolis MD 21403			410-990-9993

-