Re: Secure Server

linux-admin@gurubase.com wrote:
> Are there any resources for setting up a secure linux server? Since we'll
> put our server into internet, we would like to find some tools or
> guidelines to ensure our server is secure enough.

Found my docs on those topics:

Security testing tools and sites:

Those willing to put up with a less functionality can still be
well served by free tools such as:
  http://www.l0pht.com/~weld/netcat/

Another free testsite:
  http://www.grc.com

If you have Solaris security questions, visit:
  http://www.sunworldonline/common/security-faq.html

There is a nice checklist available that can help you compare firewalls.
It's not perfect, but it's a good start:
  http://www.fortified.com/fwcklist.html

Resources and Related Links:

    SAIC
        http://www.saic.com
    ISS
        http://www.iss.net
    NetCat
        http://www.l0pht.com/~weld/netcat/
    Comparison of firewalls
        http://www.fortified.com/fwcklist.html
    Whitepaper on man-in-the-middle attacks
        http://www.cs.princeton.edu/sip/pub/spoofing.html
    US Army's Field Manual on Basic Cryptanalysis

http://www.atsc-army.org/cgi-win/$atdl.exe/fm/34-40-2/default.htm
    Mirror site
        ftp://ftp.europa.com/outgoing/theoe
    O'Reilly study of Web commerce
        http://www.ora.com/research/
    Past Security
        /sunworldonline/common/swol-backissues-columns.html#security
    Also check out the SunWorld's Site Index for stories on Web server
security
        /sunworldonline/common/swol-siteindex.html#websec

Ziegler's Linux Firewall Site:
  http://www.linux-firewall-tools.com/
  Links and tools:
  http://www.linux-firewall-tools.com/linux/