Re: Load balancing between routers

> Currently I have 3 routers (64Kbit/s, 256Kbit/s and 2Mbit/s). When I use
> the 2Mbit/s, I pay for traffic
> that exceed XGbytes/Month. So what we need ? We need to configure a new
> linux box  that balance all the
> intranet traffic between the 3 routers.  I need to use QoS or configure
> others thing ?
>
> Roberto Fichera.

I hope what you mean is that you have 3 routes to the internet. Via
different ISPs giving you different bandwidth. Now what you can do is get
a router and configure it to use OSPF. Then you can assign costs to the
different routes to the internet. I would imagine something like assigning
a cost of 10 to the 2MB 20 to the 256KB and 30 to the 64KB thus the 2MB is
still your most prefferred route but traffic also goes down the other two
routes as well. But you will have to do some social engineering with your
upstreams so that you can talk OSPF to their routers. This will also help
you incase one link goes down. Your traffic will simply go through the
other two routes.

-