Re: test7-pre4 tcp memory pressure

Hello!

>    I don't think the new setup is quite right, it should at least
>    control the default windows when there is no memory pressure still,

Hmm. It does.

> Perhaps, but the whole idea behind the new stuff is that it is not
> supposed to need any tuning whatsoever, and that it knows about all
> the "issues" more than any ordinary sysadmin.

Default value for TCP sndbuf is selected based on profiles
on web server loaded with about 200 conn/sec and 512M of memory,
which periodically collapsed with default settings in linux-2.2.
Testing with 2.2 showed that 16K is maximal possible sndbuf,
which does not push server down without intentional DoS.

I really hope that memory accounting makes behaviour different
and default sndbuf can be increased, but this has not yet been proven
on real server, so that default is selected to be safe.

Alexey
-