RedHat 6.2 & ftpd

Hi all
Need some fast help.  I'm down to 3 days on a dead line thanks to
spending almost a week crawling through the net.  Before you say it I've
been to RedHat's help desk and every list I could find.

Bottom line is I upgraded my RedHat 5.2 to 6.2 Professional because I
needed an updated glibc to support MySQL.  I was asked to change a
system of mine to use this database.  Talk about donimo's falling.

Even though I want to rebuild from scratch there is no time now and I
just want to get ftp running again.  The box does not have a modem card
in it and can only be accessed from the local LAN.

If I run ps x I can see the ftp dameon start when I try to ftp from a
windows box.  The etc/ ftphost, ftpgroups and ftpusers files have
nothing in them except for the comments at the top.  If I ftp from the
command line in Windows I can see that Linux does not ask for a user
name.

The hosts file is the same as it was on 5.2.  Oh, and telnet works just
fine.  Has anyone else had a similar network problem upgrading to 6.2?
Larry Griffin
begin:vcard
n:Griffin;Lawrence
tel;cell:(210) 269-7708
tel;fax:(210) 829-4220
tel;work:(210) 576-1174
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Southwest DataCom Corp.
adr:;;P.O. Box 460485;San Antonio;Texas;78246;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:lgriffin@texas.net
x-mozilla-cpt:;22400
fn:Lawrence Griffin