Re: disabling arp

Okay, maybe I'm the only one to ever see this, but I wasn't quite
correct before. It seems that after turning off arp on one machine, some
packets go out with an ethernet destination of 00:00:00:00:00:00 and
some have the correct address from the permanent arp cache entries (not
just the first packet is wrong as I believed before). Interestingly,
tcpdump running on the machine sending the bad packets doesn't intercept
the bad packets at all; I have to run tcpdump on another machine on the
LAN to see the bad packets.

If you disable arp on an interface, shouldn't it still use complete
entries from the arp cache? It seems to get the the correct address
sometimes, but not always. Any suggestions on where to look in the
source to figure out what's going on?

thanks,
Joe

-