Re: [tracked] libpcap problem: recvfrom does not work as expected

Hello!

> I have no plans to document the mmaped packet API. The interface is
> just far too ugly to be documented. It really needs to be cleaned up

Propose some way to clean up it. Khm... apparently, our aestetical
views do not concide at this point even approximately.
For me it looks very close to full perfection. 8)

> and that is easier when it is not documented :-)
>
> PACKET_STATISTICS should probably be documented, but I didn't get around
> to do it yet (but of course patches will be accepted). Also BTW
> PACKET_STATISTICS is not complete, there are other possibilities of dropping
> packets that are not covered.

No such ways exist, but memory perssure in driver and backlog
overflow, which has nothing to do with _per_ socket statistics
by evident reasons.

Alexey
-