Re: SuSE 6.4 DNS setup is there an easy way

One way to stop this error is to edit /etc/resolv.cong and put his in it
search your.domain
nameserver 127.0.0.1
then restart named the next time you run nslookup it should show you
default server: localhost
address	127.0.0.1
this gives you a caching only name server. To configure a name server for
your 192.168.1.0 range easily you can get webmin from
http://www.webmin.com and use it if you want to avoid the hassle of
creating zone files however I recommend setting up the files yourself that
way you actually get to understand how it works exactly.
basically you will need a zone file for the domain you're using on your
network and a reverse file for reverse lookups of ips to names.
 On Thu, 3 Aug
2000, Matt wrote:

> Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:25:16 +0100
> From: Matt <zagnimp@aom.bt.co.uk>
> To: linux-net@vger.rutgers.edu
> Subject: SuSE 6.4 DNS setup is there an easy way
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a nice little private network
> 192.168.10.... etc
>
> But I am having problems with setting up DNS
> using SuSE 6.4
>
> Is there an easy way of doing it say a tcl application
> or something that I could use setting up the zones
> etc.
>
> I can see the machines and network them together
> but nslookup shows it is unable to see the server name.
>
> Regards
>
> Matt
>
> -
> : send the line "unsubscribe linux-net" in

 Noah
ksemat@eahd.or.ug

-