From: Aditya Pande
To: linux-net@vger.rutgers.edu
Sent: 8/2/00 4:39 PM
Subject: admin stuff

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how i can edit the messages that appear when someone
logs
in
to a linux server via telnet, ftp? i want to customize it. I'm running
Red
Hat Linux 6.2

Also, how i can see logs of who logged in, what they did (file
transfers,
telnet sessions etc..)
and how i can disable guest logins on ftp etc.?

I guess the bottomline is: how do i manage server processes?

if you have any info, or know of any links, i'd appreciate it. thanks.

Sunny days,
Aditya

-
-