Re: how to cleanup the memory in UNIX?

One of the wonderful "features" of System V IPC...  Unless you explicitly
delete segments they survive forever.

Before the last program using the memory exits, make sure to call
shmctl() with the IPC_RMID to remove the segment.

You can actually call this immediately after the last app needing the
memory attaches it and the memory automatically will be freed when all
apps using it have exited or detached it.

Eric Lemar
elemar@cs.washington.edu       http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/elemar

-