Strange Problem with SuSE

Hi;
I'm new to Linux. I installed SuSE on a server I'm building, then moved my
web site over to it. Oddly, some of the pages show, most don't. In my root
html directory it appears everything prints fine to the screen, but when I
upload the simplest of pages to this same directory, I get this error:
The Page Cannot Be Found
When I ftp this page back to me, the html code is still intact and
uncorrupted. In desperation I've even set the permissions (temporarily) to
777. Furthermore, I have subdirectories where most pages don't show up,
some show up but with all the graphics links broken, etc. I would very much
appreciate anyone's help to figure this mess out.
TIA,
BenO

-