Re: How to mount Novell 4.11 and NT4.0 file server as Linux redhat 6 .1server file directory?

I can chime in about the NetWare issues...

You'll do this one of two ways - 1. Use Linux's NetWare tools (the name
escapes me), or 2. Mount the NetWare volumes remotely.  If you choose (2.),
God help you.  In His absence, I'll try.

You can use NFS on a NetWare volume, to both export a local volume and to
mount a remote volume as a NetWare volume.  To use NFS, you'll need to add
the IP protocol to your NetWare server.  This is fairly simple...

- Load the LAN driver again with a different frame type.  For instance:

LOAD {landrivername} {options} frame=ethernet_ii name=board_ip

The drivername you know.  Options may include slot #s, IRQ, speed, etc.  I
recommend the Ethernet_II frame, while Ethernet_SNAP will work.  The name
makes it easier to refer to the interface in a moment.

LOAD TCPIP Forward={yes to route, no to not route}
BIND IP to {boardname} ADDR={address}  MASK={mask} GATEWAY={ip of default
gateway} FWD={yes to route, no to not route}

The forward statement with TCPIP is sometimes not necessary.  If you have
two LAN adapters, this parameter permits routing.  You can change this
later.  Gateway parameter is helpful in a routed environment.

You should now be able to LOAD PING and choose your targets.

NFS, unfortunately, is a purchased software product for Netware
4.x.  You'll ahve to buy it, which makes the Linux solution much more
attractive.  I *think*  the Linux package permits you to mount a NetWare
volume, but it's probably limited to bindery connections, so have your NW
4.x server's bindery emulation up to snuff.  with this option, you should
not have to run IP on the NetWare box, and my contribution is wasted.

Another ugly option is to try running Gateway Services for NetWare on the
NT box and mount from there.  That's pretty funky tho.

If only NetWare ran Perl, or php, or Apache.  (Oh, wait... not php, but
Perl for NW5 is there, and why use Apache when you can use the Novonyx web
server.  No, you gotta *buy* NetWare.  Nevermind...)

Rick

-