Re: [PPPD and Proxy]

It sounds like you want to give your network access to the Internet.  You can
do this with a linux box by using Network Address Translation.  This feature
is called "IP Masquerading", or just plain "IP Masq".

The PPP daemon (pppd) allows you to run scripts after it has connected with
your provider.  While running those scripts, assorted information is made
available to them, via the pppd daemon.  One important piece is the IP number
that your provider has assigned to you when you login.  You need this number
to configure IP Masq for your network.  (To give your network the Internet
access you're looking for.)  The script will have to configure IP Masq every
time you login to your provider.  (Since it's a dynamic IP, the IP will change
every time you login, hence IP Masq has to be reconfigured.)

Your Mission, should you choose to accept it, will be the following:

1) Research IP Masq, and how it's utilized.
2) Research scripts, and how they work.  I believe that pppd uses bash
scripts.
3) Research pppd, specifically how pppd runs scripts, and how it passes
parameters to those scripts.
4) Create the scripts pppd will use to configure your box for IP Masq.
5) Play Quake 'til it hurts.

This should be enough to get you started.
(Or get you in *way* over head...  :-)  )

Good Luck!