Re: Hardware selection for a Linux based ISP

By my experience I can tell you that for dial-up access, a hardware RAS
it's much better than a RAS build with Linux + serial cards etc.

So, we use a 3COM Remote Access System 1500, which is modular and
relatively easily expandable.

Authentication and user accounts management is done by Hawk-i
(www.hawk-i.com), which run under NT server.

Since one year, the system is running pretty well .

Good luck!

Agim

-