Configuring an Intel Ether Express Pro/10

Hello,

    I just installed Red Hat Linux 6.2 on a Intel based PC. The hardware is
mostly Intel based (motherboard, Network card...). Everything seemed to
install fine, but I am having trouble getting the network card to work. I
know that the card is good, as I used it in the same system under windows
98. The network card is an Intel Ether Express Pro/10. I've looked in the
/ect/modules/<kernelversion>/net directory, and the eepro.o file is there,
the driver module for the Ether Express Pro/10. I've tried to use insmod to
load the driver, but the system hangs. If I configure the network card
(eth0) to use the eepro driver using the GUI based configurator, the system
hangs on startup. If I use modprobe to try and load the driver, again, the
system hangs. I must be missing a step.... it is a ISA card, and the
Ethernet_HOWTO suggests that a probe on the ISA slots is not recommended, so
I set up the conf.modules to alias eepro to eth0, and to use a irq (one that
isn't used according to the /proc/interrupts log) and an io address that is
available.

    Thought I'd check the list and see if anyone has successfully configured
the Intel Ether Express Pro/10, or knows of a procedure and/or utility that
would aid in configuring the network card. Any suggestions/help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and happy 4th of July!!

JP