Re: Missing 2 blocks on my UBI partition

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 12:01 PM Steve deRosier <derosier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The last two blocks on the NAND are typically used as a Bad Block
> Table by Linux.  I imagine this is likely where the last two blocks
> "went". You should see a message about that in your dmesg.
>
> - Steve
Ahh yes... that sounds right.  It's curious that ubinfo still thinks
it has access to 1024 blocks, if the mtd driver (presumably?) is
taking away the last 2 blocks for itself.
It also seems like I should be able to shut that off, since
(presumably?) it adds no value to the bad block management provided by
UBI.

I'll go look into that.

Thank you very much.

--wpd